Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The FIRE burns on!

Howdy Folks,

It's been almost a month to the day since my last update and I hope everyone in the US had a great Thanksgiving and those from around the world are in excellent health and spirits!  The name of the game has been time management around here but we managed to record our 2nd cut since I opened this studio and resumed work for the next album.  So far we have 2 pieces for consideration, '1812' and 'Perfect', both of which are solid contenders.  We'll be heading back to the studio in a couple of weeks to do another song and I'm really looking forward to it.  With this album not being a concept album, like the last one was, it lets every song fight for itself.  I expect it all to sound different from track to track.  The feedback has been very positive, which is a tremendous boost.  I make the music to my own satisfaction but to know that there are people enjoying it makes it really special.  I'm grateful for it. You could say THANKFUL for it.  I'm thankful that Nick Katona at There is Hope Records included '1812' in the Sandy storm relief compilation as it's nice to do something useful with my music any time I get the chance. I'm also thankful to Tony Romero at Aiir Radio for letting me co-host his radio show with him.  We had an excellent turnout and we'll do it again periodically.  There really were some hysterical moments and excellent music as always, but it felt good to do something positive, as we dedicated the show to Gregg and Allison Olson..Gregg, just having had a stroke and recovering from partial paralyzation.  Man, I hope you get better soon.  Anyway, it's back to work for me with the next track always nagging in my mind for a couple of weeks down the road.

Until then. Peace.

Leibowitz

Listen to Albums
Listen to the Latest
Sandy Relief Album
11/24 Radio Show Replay

No comments:

Post a Comment