Saturday, August 18, 2012

Oblivion Revisited..Or Visited?

Howdy Folks!

Well I'm in a good mood.  With so much going on in the new music department, due to being underway on my 3rd album in a new and fully operational studio all my own, I almost forgot that the 6 panel digipacks and posters are on their way over here and hit my doorstep come Monday....so with all that I shall now be presenting the official roll out of all things related to the release of....................................................................................................................................................................................

THE BEGINNING OF THE ENDLESS SEARCH FOR OBLIVION
 *If you want one, please email Josh@STEMarketingSolutions.com and place your order, including your shipping address.  Posters $10+shipping.  CD $12+shipping.  Combo $20+ shipping (DO IT!)*

I have to tell you, it was a fun album to make and the story was a trip to come up with.  It really was an EXTREMELY gross take on people and events in reality, twisted all around into a crazy nautical odyssey.  The music stuck obnoxiously close to the intended storyline as well as the artwork and making the former happen effectively was a big time challenge!

Naturally, a big part of why this album was fun was that I got to work with engineer, bassist, saxophonist, keyboard player Tony Livadas again as well as with Martin Kornick doing the visuals as was the case with Guitar For Money.  All of us have risen a bit since the last project in such a short amount of time.  It is apparent in how busy we are! By working with talented individuals on this level it really brought out the best in me and I was locked on on what I felt was a solid idea.  Speaking of talented people, I also had the amazing good fortune of meeting and recording with my friends Kev Feazey and Matt Stevens in London.  Matt had made that arrangement and I came to town and we came up with the Fist.  Kev and I had been working at a breakneck pace for hours and we weren't sure if Matt would be able to make it, but he did and played some incredibly clever parts.   What these guys probably didn't know is that I had 5 backup plans should any number of situations occur....a surprise guest, extra time, any no show, etc....I was exhausted, stressed and running on fumes that week by the time we did the session but it came out just right I'd say and it is something I'll never forget.

With such a developed story that envelops The Beginning Of The Endless Search For Oblivion, I plan to not wait to be interviewed to let in on bits and pieces and will be writing segments about the characters, the plot line and some of the inspiration behind the story..the real faces and places in Florida....I'll post pictures and videos as well. People who like this will want to dig their teeth into it and I say by all means...

I think at some point down the line I'll revisit these characters.  It would be fun and let more aspects of the "personalities" show.  For now, I'm working on less conceptual but equally demanding music that will be different, as what would be the point of doing it all the same?

-Leibowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment